Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I was having a conversation with a girl that I knew from my past university courses. I don't really know her but I find myself bumping into her especially during my breaks and we talked several times now and she has become my acquaintance of sorts. We talk about many things. I have realized when I talk to people I am not very close to I usually fake my facial and my verbal responses, like agreeing with their opinions. I would always nod my head, my head always goes up and down in agreement even though I have no clue what the person is saying. I would fake smile or even fake laugh if the person laughs or smirks at the end of their sentence assuming it was some sort joke or vits. But for some reason in this particular conversation I have decided to not fake smile, fake agree, fake nod, or fake laugh. I just listened to her blabber about some topic and I particularly didn't agree to what she was saying at all, she would look at my face in agreement with her. I would look at her with no movement expecting her to further explain her point and there would be an awkward pause. Then she would say "what? don't you agree" as if it was common sense to agree with her, I looked at her and told her "no I don't." But the strange thing that I and she found myself doing was that I had no explanation or could care less to give an explanation of why I disagreed with her. Next time I should try to give explanation why agree or disagree. But atleast I have begun to stop pretending.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Magnificent goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart.
I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful
web site.

My blog post; coffee flavor